Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Year's Plans

Happy New Year, everyone! And Merry Christmas, too, since it's still the Christmas season. :)

So, I thought it was high time I made some New Year's plans concerning this blog. Here's a list of things I want to do/continue.

Spread the Fatima Devotions
    This year, 2017, is the 100th anniversary of the appearances of Our Lady to three shepherd children in Fatima, Portugal. Ever since I was a little girl, I've really loved this story, and for the last few years I've felt there must be a way for me to help spread the Fatima devotions. So, why not try on this blog?
     I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing with regards to this, but here are some ideas:
     - a monthly First Saturday post, possibly in the form of a meditation on one of the mysteries of the Rosary
     - weekly Saturday posts, just little snippets of things about prayer and sacrifice and the Fatima message, and things like that
     If you've got any ideas, please share in the comments!


Our Lady of Fatima........absolutely beautiful:

Continue Catholicism Explained
     This feature went strong for a couple of months and then kinda fell to the wayside towards the end of 2016. I'd really like to start it up again, possibly on an every-other-week schedule rather than a weekly schedule. Possibly on a day of the week besides Sunday.
      Any ideas on that front, dear readers?

Writer Stuff
     More of the same! 2017, like 2016, will probably mean lots of character interviews and Beautiful People posts for Tangle Webs and Fairy Rings. I'd also like to try that weekly writing update thingy-ma-jig again.


On a small table was produced great books. The photographer shot this in Jane Austen's house in Chawton, England.:

Bookworm Stuff
     What would you think of an occasional book review? Perhaps a book of the month? Or a worst book of the month? I suppose tags would often fit into this category. :)

Miscellaneous Thoughts
     You never know what I might feel like scribbling about on this blog. :) Be prepared for rants about history, pro-life poems, fangirling over Chesterton quotes, and lists of fun facts about chickens.

So basically, everything's pretty much the same. :) I do want to start posting more frequently...or at least more consistently. Maybe I could even come up with a real schedule! ...What's that? You don't think I could stick to it? You're probably right. :)

So what are your New Year's plans?? Any ideas for Tangle Webs and Fairy Rings? What's  your favorite part about a brand-new year?

4 comments:

  1. Cool! I may steal a couple of these ideas for mine too, if I may be so obliged.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Yes! Do so. :) I'd love to see them on your blog!

      Delete
  2. Looks like there's a lot in store for the new year.
    I think I'm the most eager for...the chicken facts! Will you be talking about silkies? I love silkie chickens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, you like chickens, too? I was starting to think I was the only one in the world who liked chickens! (Not literally, but you know.) I suppose I could talk about silkies, although to tell the truth I've never been crazy about them. They're cute little things, aren't they?

      Delete