Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Lillian Update...a Day Late

So, technically this report was supposed to come yesterday...but, like Percy Wynn in the book Harry Dee (which I just finished reading aloud to my siblings yesterday), I shall "act on the principal 'better late than never'" and post today.

Last Tuesday the word count on my official Word document was 3,196. Today? 9,849. (Some of that was copied and pasted from stuff written earlier, but then I haven't typed up everything I wrote last week, so I figure it evens out.)

Obviously, I did not make my goal of 1000 words per day; but I am pretty happy with myself nevertheless. :)

Story-wise, things are going well. I'm safe from writer's block at the moment because I have stuff planned in some detail for about two, three more chapters.

Lillian is gradually getting pushed into a situation not unlike the one described in this poem...

The faery crossing:

And I'm having lots of fun introducing the characters from "fairy world." :)

Oh! And if anybody is interested in reading Lillian, the Prologue and Chapter One have been posted on the wonderful Inklings website. This is a delightful corner of the internet where you can not only read others' work, but submit some of your own for support and advice....so feel free to drop by, we'd love to have you!!

So I've chattered my tongue off about myself - now it's your turn! How are your writing projects coming? Word count goals? Character introductions? Plot points? Do tell! :)

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh! I do love Lillian so! I do wish to read more.... Ah, the Inklings! I think that Alomina has never been more successfully edited then when I started on it there. Oh, And, Lucy, you may be interested to hear this - I am introducing new character. Completely new. In story you know. Very soon. I'll stop there, just to leave you in some good, healthy, infuriating mystery. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Gasp* A new chapter?? COMPLETELY new?? In Alomina?? When!? Don't tell me, don't tell me - I'll wait and be delightfully surprised!!
      (And I quite agree, Inklings is awesome - especially as motivation to get chapters written!)

      Delete

  2. Thank you for sharing your Lillian story! It's very whimsical.
    That's an impressive word-count! Especially when compared to what I did on one of my projects: about 500. I was quite pleased with myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Blue!
      Congratulations on your 500 words! Much better than what I've done this week so far, certainly. :) The ups and downs of writing, eh?

      Delete
  3. Good job with your word count, Lucy!!! :D I admit you did way better than I did. I started off doing my 300 words a day, but the last 3 days, I have only gotten like 100 words altogether for Concealment... I suppose I've been suffering from a bit of writers block and procrastination, a terrible mix to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! Writer's block and procrastination - ah, yes, sounds familiar. One aggravates the other and vice versa. :) Hey, from where I stand right now 100 words in 3 days sounds pretty good!

      Delete