Saturday, July 9, 2016

Tristan's Interview

Sorry I'm rather late with this! I actually have a valid excuse this time. Has anyone else out there ever had to deal with a keyboard with nonfunctional spacebar, n, and b keys? If so, then you know my pain.

Anywho. I figured it's high time I posted Tristan's interview. His story (well, not his story, but the story he plays a very prominent role in) has been going through some rather drastic changes lately. So if you've been following these interviews and happen to remember those ancient ones of Ellen's and Able's, this is a head's up that some of the information in there might no longer apply.

Thank you to all who provided such excellent questions! Forgive Tristan's frequent terseness in answering...

Tristan:

Me:
So, Tristan, why don't you like cheese?

Tristan:
*looks at me with one eyebrow raised*
Why don't I like...cheese?

Me:
Yes. You see, when I introduced you to everybody I mentioned that your least favorite childhood food was cheese, and so they want to know why.

Tristan:
Oh.
*a brief, blank pause*
I don't know. I just didn't. I like cheese now.

Me:
You can't be picky about food when your at the front, right?

Tristan:
Right.

Me:
Do you ever consider your own future, perhaps as a father? An uncle?
(Writer's confession to audience: I do. See?)
This is just so cute. I can see Tristan with a little baby like this...maybe in a sequel...:


Tristan:
*looks at me for a moment*
No.

Me:
Oh, come on, Tristan....*sighs* Okay. Are you the jealous 'leave-my-sister-alone-you-scum' type or the easygoing 'it's-all-in-fun' type when it comes to your sister and her social escapades?

Tristan:
Wait...has my sister been having social escapades?

Me:
Not necessarily. But if she was, how would you react?

Tristan:
*shifts uncomfortably*
I can't imagine little Rosalie involved in any sort of romantic nonsense. I don't think I'll have to worry about it any time soon.

Me:
Well, you never know... Next: Of your friends who lived through the war, who was your best friend?

Tristan:
*runs hand through hair* Vollapax.

Me:
What would you think (or do) if someone told you Rosalie was engaged?

Tristan:
I just told you I can't imagine Rosalie even having a sweetheart. Why should she get engaged all of a sudden?

Me:
Gee, Tristan, you just don't get the idea of an interview, do you?
What would you do if someone hinted at you being enamored or distracted romantically?

Tristan:
Anyone who would hint at me being enamored or distracted romantically would have to have lost his wits long ago. I'm not the romantic type.

Me:
*under my breath* Oh, really? We'll see about that...
*louder* Would you like to live into peaceful old age?

Tristan:
*with wrinkled brow*
I...suppose so. I never thought about it. Yes, I suppose I would.
*shrugs*
It doesn't matter, though. I can't keep myself from getting killed. Wanting to live into old age won't help anything.

Me:
When the war ends, what do you plan to do?

Tristan:
I...don't plan to do anything. I never thought about it. All I ever think about is ending the war, not what will happen after the war if it ends.

Me:
If it were your choice alone, with unlimited power and cooperation, how would you end the war and continue with life?

Tristan:
*shrugs* I don't think unlimited power and cooperation would change things very much. All my ideas and suggestions are well respected as it is, and if they are rejected I trust Father knows more than I.

As for continuing with life - the idea of a life without war is so strange, so foreign. I can't imagine it. It's what I've always wanted, I suppose, but when I do think about it - which isn't very often - there's just a sort of numb feeling. I guess I know it'll never really happen.

Me:
What is your favorite animal?

Tristan:
Winged horses. *smiles* Vollapax in particular.

Tristan's winged stallion, Vollapax - unfailingly loyal to his master:

Me:
Do you ever plan to have a pet?

Tristan:
No.

Me:
What about Vollapax?

Tristan:
He's not a pet. He's a comrade in arms.

Me:
What is your best virtue?

Tristan:
Courage.

Me:
How do you feel about having this much responsibility? Being general of the army, and all.

Tristan:
I suppose if I thought about it I might get a little scared, but I don't think about it. I just do my duty, that's all.

Me:
If you weren't a soldier, what would you like to have done?

Tristan:
*a long pause*
*smiles foolishly* (author's note: this is an extremely rare expression for Tristan and I am shocked and flabbergasted to see it on him now)
I really don't know. I never think about it.

Me:
*laughing*
Heavens, Tristan, you never think about anything!

Tristan:
*soberly*
Do you know how much thinking goes into battle plans?

Me:
No. Which is why I'm dreadfully glad I haven't had to write from your point of view yet, and why I sincerely hope I never have to. Now. What irritates you the most?

Tristan:
Soldiers trying to shirk their duty.

Me:
What brings you the most joy?

Tristan:
Knowing I've done my duty.

Me:
What words do you long to hear?

Tristan:
That we've won the war.

Me:
What words do you dread to hear?

Tristan:
That we've lost the war.

Me:
Coffee, or tea? With cream and sugar?

Tristan:
*raises an eyebrow*
You think I'm going to be picky about it? We're lucky to get stale water at the front.

Me:
Touché. All right, Tristan, that's all. I'll let you get back to your war now.

 :

Well! That's Tristan. I hope you've enjoyed meeting him.

Now it's time to vote! Who would you like to meet next?

The candidates are:

1. Arthur - a young guard, one of Ellen's closest friends
2. Romuald - a rather mysterious visitor to the castle who wears an eyepatch and owns a black griffin











8 comments:

  1. Arthur!!!!!!!!!! I repeat in big caps--- ARTHUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arthur, Arthur, Arthur!!!!!!! *grovels on knees* PLE-EASE!!!!! Arthur! *sobs* Please...... *stand up again* Okay, that was pretty awesome (wish he was more talkative.... hmm, might have to interview him for myself one of these days to remedy that..). Actually, just ignore my huge dramatic outburst there demanding Arthur (it was unreasonable). You can do Romauld if it is your will (however, if you do so, I will E-mail you asking to personally interview Arthur myself you can be sure :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, goodness, Isi, that's emphatic... Arthur is quite flattered you love him so. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh!! Arthur, please! I would love to know about him. I loved Tristan's interview :)

    "Heavens, Tristan, you never think about anything!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you for backing me up, Rosie!!!! THANK YOU!!!! ARTHUR, YEAH!!!!!! *sobs joyfully* Oh, thank you, Rosie!!!

      Delete
    2. Heehee :) Sure, Isi! I really want to hear about him.

      Delete
  3. I can see how dedicated he is! He should realize that the coffee or tea question is a very serious one, though.

    I'm not sure how to choose between Arthur and Romuald! On one hand we have a guard and close friend, but on the other hand we have eye patches and griffins...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that Tristan. He really needs to pay attention to the little things in life, he'd be a lot happier. Rosalie informs me that he usually takes black coffee when at home.

      Delete