Sunday, May 15, 2016

Introducing Catholicism Explained

Dear readers, I have an idea.

It's an idea that will actually require commitment from me, the most uncommitted blogger in the history of bloggerdom. (My spell check is cordially informing me that "bloggerdom" is not a word. But we know better than the spell check, don't we? Of course we do.) Because it involves a consistent weekly post. And that is something I have never been able to pull off for more than...oh, one week.

But this time I think I can do it.

The idea is this: Every Sunday I will post about one aspect of Catholicism. (For example: infallibility, Marian doctrines, the Real Presence.) It will be an aspect of Catholicism about which I feel there is much misunderstanding in the non-Catholic community.

I hope this will create a friendly, charitable, explorative atmosphere in which Catholics and Protestants can discuss their differences and arrive ever nearer the truth.

So! My dear fellow Christians, if you're interested in "arguing theology" - not "arguing" in the sense of "bickering," but "arguing" in the sense of "thinking things through" - check in next Sunday for a discussion on one aspect of the Catholic Church's teachings. (I'm not 100% sure what that aspect will be yet, but I'm 90% sure it will have something to do with papal infallibility or the Church as a means to salvation.)

This blog feature will be geared towards promoting this mindset:

1 Corinthians 1:10 Follow us at http://gplus.to/iBibleverses:



So I promise I'll be a nice arguer. :)







8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I was browsing blogs, saw this one, and had to pause. This is just the sort of thing I look for nowadays. I like to know what I believe, and why. I also like to know what others believe, and why.
    I'm not sure that I'm all that interesting in arguing. But understanding? Yes, please!
    So I will be looking forward to these posts.
    Thanks you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad to hear that, Blue! I'm really hoping these posts will be an opportunity, not only for non-Catholics to grow in understanding about what Catholics believe, but for me to grow in understanding about what non-Catholics believe. :) Too often theological discussions end up as shouting matches, I think, and that's very sad.

      I'm looking forward to having you!! And thanks for stopping by and commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. Hear, hear!!! We REALLY need something like this--there is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much misunderstanding and misinformation about Catholic beliefs and practices, it's not even funny. I'm really looking forward to reading your posts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Hopefully they'll be worth reading. :P :)

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea! I'll really look forward to reading these posts!

    andreasscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good idea! I can't wait to read them! :)

    ReplyDelete