Character Bio - Ellen

Character interviews are back!

Okay, so. Today I am giving you the bio of my newest protagonist, from my new fantasy book which does not have a title as of yet.

This story is so much fun to write. I've always sort of thought of myself as a medieval fantasy writer, but guess what? I've never actually written a medieval fantasy. Not one that got very far, at any rate. But this one is going to change all that if I have anything to do with it.

So far it's rather promising. It has a definite main character (not the smashing together of many possible MCs that I tend to get carried away with), a definite setting (I drew a map! It's so pretty!), and fantastic creatures (meaning griffins! and dragons! and winged horses! and a phoenix!!!). And it even has a CONFLICT. I am proud of myself.

Without further ado, let me introduce you to my dear little daughter.

Ellen
Age: 16 (or 17?)
 (It may be 17. But I don't know. I don't think she knows either. So it's okay.)
This must be Ellen! Her hair's a little lighter, but it captures her character perfectly.:
I snagged this from my Pinterest board.
Because I was too lazy to draw a picture and this is a pretty good representation of Ellen.
Her hair's lighter in color, but that's definitely her.
Ellen has spent all her life in the lonely Castle of Norsia, under the shadow of the Borderland Mountains and the glare of her grasping guardian, Lord Stonedon. Her parents are dead; all she knows of them is that they were serfs in the service of Stonedon. Why the cold nobleman ever adopted her and her brother, she cannot say; but she would rather have spent her girlhood as a serf surrounded by a loving family than as a young lady trapped by the walls of a castle where no one really cares about her.
 
Ellen's greatest comfort in life is her older brother, Able. Always cheerful and honorable, Able never questions Stonedon's intentions but tries to make Ellen understand how lucky they really are to have been raised as nobles.

Ellen loves nothing more than to go on long rides with Able on his griffin, Pierce.
 
With Able to keep her spirits high, as well as the company of a tame wolf named Thane, Ellen manages to get through each day - but then comes a catastrophe. Stonedon suddenly decides that Able is old enough to join the army, and sends him off to the borderlands, where the twenty-year-long war with the invading barbarians is raging. The day after Able leaves, Stonedon announces that Ellen is to be wed to his own son, the pig-like Johun. Things only get worse when Ellen realizes that Stonedon sent Able out to battle in hopes that he would be killed. Faced with a forced betrothal and the possibility of her brother's death, Ellen sees only one reasonable option: escape. That very day she mounts Pierce and flies away, in hopes of finding her brother and bringing him back from the peril of battle - before it's too late.
Thane:
Yet another picture stolen from Pinterest. That's Ellen's wolf, Thane.
Only Thane has a white star on his forehead.
 
There's Ellen's background. If you can think of any questions you'd like to ask her, do please post them in the comments! The more the merrier. :) I shall then use these questions in an exclusive interview. (Exclusive? Yes, I'm trying to sound fancy...I'm not really 100% sure what's meant by an "exclusive interview"...) Anywho. Once the questions are in, I'll try to get the interview up in a week or two. (No way am I giving myself an exact date, because I'm me, and that means I'm a procrastinator...)
 


Comments

  1. I loved reading this! (I know the feeling. I, too, have started many many stories that haven't gone anywhere much. The story I am CURRENTLY working on, I hope to actually write, like ALL THE WAY :))

    Ellen is so beautiful! And her brother sounds WONDERFULLY SWEET. Wow, I feel so invested in the characters already!

    I would love to ride a griffin and have a tame wolf with a star on its forehead for a pet. I really would. Both your plot and your world sound wonderful!

    Hmmmm . . . questions for Ellen?

    1. Do you have a tutor or anything of that nature? If so, is he pleasant or unbearable? What sort of "accomplishments" do you have?
    2. Please describe your favorite gown/article of clothing.
    3. What color are your eyes?
    4. Where do you go to be alone and what do you do there?
    5. Optimistic or pessimistic?
    6. Do you have any close friends besides your brother?
    7. Three words to describe your personality?

    I hope you/she likes these questions!

    P.S. I'm a terrible procrastinator myself . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie! (Isn't it so frustrating to not know which story to give one's attention to? Good luck with that current story!)

      I'm rather attached to the characters myself. :) And I also wish I had a pet griffin...

      Ooh! Those are excellent questions! I can't wait to use them in the interview! Thanks so much!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! It's a lot of fun :)

      I'm glad you liked the questions! I can't wait to read the interview!!

      Delete
    3. I'm honored and flattered that you're interested!! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Tame wolf! Awesome!
    Okay, here are my questions:
    1. How is Thane (awesome name) tame?
    2. Why does Ellen think Stonedon wants her brother to die?
    3. Why does she question Stonedon's intentions if her brother doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Great questions! (I just plagiarized your comment, didn't I?)
      Thanks, Andrea!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Heroes

Daily Sacrifices

October's Fiction