Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sisterhood Award


Well, I've been tagged for the sisterhood award by my good friend Andrea Adams, at http://andreasscribbles.blogspot.com. Thanks, Andi! Also, I'm tagging you back. You're going to have to serve as the ten blogs mentioned in the rules. :)

Alright, here are my answers to the ten questions:

If you had to go on an adventure with one book character, who would it be?
This is ever such a hard question. Well, let's see. I suppose it would be extremely egotistic of me to say Timandra from my book, but I do think it'd be fun to go on an adventure with her. :) I'd like to hang out with Anne of Green Gables, too, and Jo March - but I don't know if they'd be very useful on an adventure. Always getting into scrapes. :)

 What's your favorite musical?
Probably Oliver! The songs are so happy and fun.

What's your favorite movie?
Hmm.....I'm horrible at favorites. Right now, the movie I most want to re-watch is Gettysburg, based on the book The Killer Angels. It's not that it has the best characters or plot I've ever seen, but it is so well-done - it follows the book in such a perfect way. I don't just mean it doesn't change anything drastic - it keeps the feel of the book. Sometime I should do a post on how much feel means to me in a story.

 If you could meet one person from history, who would it be?
Ohhh, one of the early Roman martyrs - St. Lucy, or St. Agnes. I can't pick between the two of them. They must've been amazing. But, then, I can talk to the saints anytime...so maybe I should say Don John of Austria. If I'm going to write a novel about the Battle of Lepanto someday, I'm going to need to interview him. ;)

 Frozen or Tangled?
Frozen. It's so much more innocent or something. Flynn and Rapunzel's rocky relationship feels like a high-school romance; but in Frozen, you've got happy-go-lucky Anna, endearing Olaf, and lots of really great songs. Plus, the love between Anna and Kristoff is solid.

What's your favorite time of the year?
September, right around my birthday. :) The weather is so often lovely, with that afterglow of summer in the yellowing leaves and brilliant sky. I have some great memories of walking along the driveway and picking wild sunflowers in September.

Pie or cake?

Pie.

What's your favorite song to sing with a large group of friends?
Adoramus Te Christe. We did that one in choir, and it's ever so beautiful! It's fun to sing that with everyone and remember the fun we had learning it, while enjoying the harmonies and being moved with gratitude to Our Savior at the same time.

Do you play an instrument? If so, what?
Interesting question. I used to play the clarinet....but it's been so long since I've practiced, I don't know if you can really count that. I never was too good at it, anyway.

Who's your favorite character in the Narnia books?
Reepicheep. It's been a long time since I've read those (I really need to read them again!), but Reep has always stuck with me as one of the most memorable, delightful - and, dare I say? - adorable characters in literature. :)

And here are ten new questions:

Who is the most annoying character you've ever met?

Say you had to choose between a time machine that only traveled into the future and one that only traveled into the past. Which would you choose, and why?

Who is one of your favorite saints?

What are you more interested in, Arthurian legend or Robin Hood?

Cats or dogs?

What is your favorite genre to read?

What is your favorite genre to write?

Which of you characters you've ever invented are you the most proud of?

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Suppose you have to be taken out of your family and thrown into one from a book. Which family would you choose?






1 comment:

  1. Seriously? I posted this without answering the first question? I'll have to go back and edit that little mistake. :) Oh, and I forgot to thank Andrea. Thank you, Andrea! :)

    ReplyDelete