Monday, July 20, 2015

Timandra's Interview

Alright, here's Timandra's interview. I talk in blue type. Timandra talks in red type. Sorry this is so long, but Timandra is talkative, and doesn't know when to be quiet. :)

Hey, Timandra, can I ask you some questions?

Right before history class? *laughs* 'Course. I can spare a minute. Why?

I am going to introduce you to the world.

*perks up* Really? *face falls a little* I'd planned to do that myself, as a Shakespearean actress.

Well, not really the world. More like a handful of friends.

Oh, alright. The rest of the world can meet me as Juliet. Well, go ahead, fire away! After all, "Better three hours too soon than a moment too late."

*smirks* Alright. What's your least favorite subject in school?

Now, that's an interesting question! I've thought about favorite a lot, but never least favorite. *thinks with finger on chin* I guess I could get along without geometry. I like algebra and seeing the numbers all pop together just like that, but geometry gets a little old after awhile.

Which is better, Julius Caesar or Hamlet?

Oh, gosh, you had to ask that! I was just talking to Eldon about this just the other day. I can't decide. I simply adore Hamlet's death scene - "goodnight, sweet prince! and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest" - and, ah! That ghost is rich. But Julius Caesar, gee! I have all Marc Antony's lines memorized. *puts hand on heart and half-closes eyes* "Oh, mighty Caesar! Dost thou lie so low? Are all the glories, conquests, triumphs, spoils, shrunk to this little measure? Fare ye well. I know not, gentlemen, what else -"

*laughing* Okay, enough, enough. What about The Taming of the Shrew?

Oh, that's a good one. They all are. But I don't like comedies as much as I like tragedies. Something about tragedies - they're just so dramatic, you know? You can put your whole heart and soul into reciting them. "Our enemies have beat us to the pit, and it is more noble to jump in ourselves than to tarry 'til they push us." Oh! poor Brutus!

What's one of your favorite hobbies?

*grins* Besides Shakespeare? Well, I really like horseback-riding. And studying history. And fixing hair. Ada's a great model. And writing snatches of epic stories. And memorizing poetry. And once Eldon or Jude finally gets around to teaching me how to fly, I just know that's going to be better than anything.

How many siblings do you have? Are you the youngest?

There are nine kids in my family, and I'm smack dab in the middle. First there's Jude, about 24 years old; then Catherina and Isabella, early 20s; Eldon's 17; and then there's me. After that there are the little girls - Rosetta, Cecilia, and Stella. And then there's Pio. He's three.

If you could have one wish, what would it be?

Hmm. I wish the whole world was as noble as all the knights of yore were supposed to be. *grins* I guess that's kind of a crazy wish. *laughs* I'd settle for just Jude being as noble as the knights of yore. *grows pensive* He's been getting kind of...distant lately. He used to be my hero, but now...*sighs* I don't know what's wrong with him. He's just different. I wish we could be as good of friends as we were before he grew up.

What's your greatest fear?

*laughs* I'm not really afraid of anything! *cocks head* Well, nothing physical, that is. *thinks a moment, then speaks decidedly* Mediocrity. At least, I don't know if I'm afraid of it, but I hate it. I never want to be good in a half-hearted way, and I never want anyone around me to be good in a half-hearted way. To see anyone being just sorta good, and not heroic, sort of tears at my very soul. And - I'm afraid - I get the feeling that Jude's been slipping towards that. It would break my heart if he stopped being a hero.

What makes you really sad?

Seeing Ada sad. She gets sad all the time, and there's nothing I can do to make her happy. Even if I cheer her up, she still misses her parents. And I don't blame her. I just wish there was something I could do to make that hurt go away - or bring them back for her.

What makes you really happy?

All kinds of things. Being around my friends, going really fast on pretty much anything, and poetry. Really strong, beautiful, rollicking poetry. Shakespeare, or something like G.K. Chesterton's The Battle of Lepanto. Have you ever read that?

Yes, I have. It's one of my favorite poems, actually. Do you have any enemies at school?

*thinks for a moment* Crispin. *bursts out laughing* Nah, I'm just kidding. Crispin and I pretend to hate each other, but actually we're really good friends. He's like a little brother to me. *shrugs* I guess I don't have any enemies.

Do you like animals?

Do I! I love 'em.

What's your favorite one?

Wisp.

Wisp?

*laughs* Eldon's and my dog. She's really cute.

You mean you didn't name your dog after a Shakespearean character?

Well, I wanted to, but Eldon wouldn't let me. And Wisp was a perfect name. She was just a little wisp of a puppy when we found her. But I guess you meant my favorite kind of animal. Well...I like horses.

Alright, one last question. What's you favorite color?

Red. Bright, crimson, rosy red!

Ha, that fits you. Okay, Timandra, that'll do. You can go back to history class now.

Okay! Wouldn't want to miss a word about ancient America. *grins* Bye!

Alright, so that's Timandra. Next character will be one of these three:

Eldon
Jude
Ada
Vote in the comments for whichever one you want to hear more about, and I'll get to work on their bio. :)





6 comments: